To: Sterling Court Residents, Staff, and Families
From: Sterling Court
Date: March 16, 2020
Subject: Sterling Court COVID-19 Next Steps Effective Immediately
In addition to the previous memos, we want to ensure that our residents are cared for in a safe and healthy environment. To help protect our residents against the spread of COVID-19, we are restricting visitations effective immediately.
At this time, we do NOT have a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our community. These restrictions are strictly preventative and to protect the safety of our residents and employees.
- Please stay in your room as much as possible.
- Free meal delivery will be offered for March and April.
- No bus trips to public places, only doctors’ appointments and possible scenic tours.
- Visitors will be reduced to immediate family and healthcare professionals unless on hospice. Family is still is only allowed between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
- Visitors are not permitted in common areas, they should report directly to resident room after checking in at the front desk.
- Residents returning to the community following a hospital stay must present a negative test for COVID-19 or a note from their physician stating they are infection-free and do not pose a risk to others.
We will continue to closely monitor the recommendations followed by the state, local, and federal agencies, including the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As a reminder, please make sure you are washing your hands, avoiding touching your face, using hand sanitizer and wearing a mask if you are exhibiting symptoms. We will be updating these guidelines frequently.
Sterling Court Assisted Living